Haxball Galaxy
Welcome to Haxball Galaxy, a successful UK-based 3v3 HaxBall league. Sign up and play!

You are not connected. Please login or register

1v1 Tournament #3

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Will DraTo defend his title?

20% 20% [ 3 ]
47% 47% [ 7 ]
33% 33% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 03:01

mlfaijati

Administrator & The Defenders
I don't understand why we aren't just using double elimination, as dooms said this just favours players that lose their first match.

Record:

Haxball Revolution:
Played: 71 | Conceded: 42 | Clean Sheets: 41 | Assists: 12 | Goals: 3
Won: 41 | Drawn: 25 | Lost: 5
(there was 1 match where i was lagging badly so i'm not counting it in my stats)
(also this is only league games coz >cup)

The Defenders
Played: 12 | Conceded: 18 | Clean Sheets: 3 | Assists: 3 | Goals: 1
Won: 3 | Drawn: 4 | Lost: 5

One Game Wonders:
Eagles United: Lost 1-0 vs FAT
TeamSwift Drew 1-1 vs GH
TeamSwift Lost 4-2 vs EU
View user profile

27 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 03:09

ye bert

"5/5, truly delivers" - Haxball Magazine
View user profile

28 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 05:06

bert-

Eagles United
Eagles United
i don't understand the problem theres only 1 extra game what has to be won against an opponent who lost their first game so if youve got all that way you should win anyway. Only people complainin here are potential winners, if youre the best it doesnt matter how many games you play right? trying to make these tournaments better for everyone not just the best players out there

View user profile

29 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 05:22

make a tournament for shit players then and another for good players

no its just losers play losers and winners play winners

it doesnt decide whos good at 1v1 haxball it just gives players who are shit a fasttrack way to the finals and thats not right

the way tournaments work is that there's a draw and shit players may play good players or other shit players, and fixture by fixture, shit players get eliminated and the good ones go out on top. you're still giving the opportunity to shit players to prosper by playing good players, but making losers play losers and winners play winners is fucking ridiculous.

it should be known that tournaments like these (official) are properly set-up, and they represent the quality of the league.

quality of the league is represented only by its players, and having a 1v1 Tournament winner #3 under your name puts you out there as a player which represents this league. A loser does not represent the quality of this league and shouldnt be allowed to play again

tldr; you lose you go out, you win you stay - its not LSO its WSO.

View user profile

30 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 05:31

mlfaijati

lr16 wrote:make a tournament for shit players then and another for good players

it doesnt decide whos good at 1v1 haxball it just gives players who are shit a fasttrack way to the finals and thats not right

the way tournaments work is that there's a draw and shit players may play good players or other shit players, and fixture by fixture, shit players get eliminated and the good ones go out on top. you're still giving the opportunity to shit players to prosper by playing good players, but making losers play losers and winners play winners is fucking ridiculous.

it should be known that tournaments like these (official) are properly set-up, and they represent the quality of the league.

quality of the league is represented only by its players, and having a 1v1 Tournament winner #3 under your name puts you out there as a player which represents this league. A loser does not represent the quality of this league and shouldnt be allowed to play again

Record:

Haxball Revolution:
Played: 71 | Conceded: 42 | Clean Sheets: 41 | Assists: 12 | Goals: 3
Won: 41 | Drawn: 25 | Lost: 5
(there was 1 match where i was lagging badly so i'm not counting it in my stats)
(also this is only league games coz >cup)

The Defenders
Played: 12 | Conceded: 18 | Clean Sheets: 3 | Assists: 3 | Goals: 1
Won: 3 | Drawn: 4 | Lost: 5

One Game Wonders:
Eagles United: Lost 1-0 vs FAT
TeamSwift Drew 1-1 vs GH
TeamSwift Lost 4-2 vs EU
View user profile

31 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 05:33

you won't be saying that if you got DraTo first round wouldn't you

32 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 05:57

bert-

Eagles United
Eagles United
youre forgetting good players play other good players in the first round aswell depending on the draw, im sure you wouldnt be to happy as a potential winner if you had to play drato in the first round and get knocked out straight away that means youre shit right? how is winners playing winners ridiculous thats how every standard tournament works (tourney #1).

Youre also saying these tournaments represents the league (which was never intended by me and i believe they are just for fun) and should not be won by a loser, but i should run a seperate tournament for just shit players which is kinda contradicting yourself as that winner would also get a banner...

also its not exactly a fast track to the final you still have to win 3 games to get there which isn't easy.

my aim here isnt to represent anything i want to include as many people as i can to enjoy a 1v1 cup, i'm not making tournament after tournament for you and other potential winners to walk away with them every time which isn't fun for the rest of us then kick up a fuss when the format is slightly different because it gives people a second chance

View user profile

33 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 06:11

arctic wrote:

you won't be saying that if you got DraTo first round wouldn't you

What a good fucking point you bring. As always, you enlighten us with your brilliant arguments in a debate.

If I get Drato, so what? If I beat him, good, I know that I earned my way to the finals. I wouldn't want for Drato to play other losers and get another chance though. You're benefiting losers more than the winners.

youre forgetting good players play other good players in the first round aswell depending on the draw, im sure you wouldnt be to happy as a potential winner if you had to play drato in the first round and get knocked out straight away that means youre shit right? how is winners playing winners ridiculous thats how every standard tournament works (tourney #1).

Youre also saying these tournaments represents the league (which was never intended by me and i believe they are just for fun) and should not be won by a loser, but i should run a seperate tournament for just shit players which is kinda contradicting yourself as that winner would also get a banner...

also its not exactly a fast track to the final you still have to win 3 games to get there which isn't easy.

my aim here isnt to represent anything i want to include as many people as i can to enjoy a 1v1 cup, i'm not making tournament after tournament for you and other potential winners to walk away with them every time which isn't fun for the rest of us then kick up a fuss when the format is slightly different because it gives people a second chance

I don't mind playing Drato in the first round, what the fuck are you and Arctic on about? If there's a draw of it to happen, so be it. You continue saying that losing in the first round makes me a shit player, while we know that it was you specifically who came up with a solution to this problem (Tournament #2 - 4 semi-finalist different groups).

Not a fast-track? Instead of winning your first round, winning against a winner of the first round, winning against a winner of the second round and to the finals....you have to lose your first round, win against a winner of two losers and so on. So basically you cheat your way to the finals.

Many people can enjoy a 1v1 cup, like people enjoyed the 2nd tournament. Everyone was given not a second chance, but many more chances to redeem themselves.

"i'm not making tournament after tournament for you and other potential winners to walk away with them every time which isn't fun for the rest of us" - we go back to the point about making a tournament for players who are not as good as "me and other potential winners".

View user profile

34 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 06:25

GReddy

Administrator
Administrator
Guys show some respect to bert smh-he's the tournament organiser, we all here to have fun ye thumbsup

35 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 10:09

tbh players can always practice 1v1 and become better, and these 1v1 tournaments happen like every 4 days so if you lose once you only have to wait a couple of days for the next tournament so you have another chance of earning that award thingy.

36 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 on 2013-02-26, 20:02

@ @ dums wrote:tbh players can always practice 1v1 and become better, and these 1v1 tournaments happen like every 4 days so if you lose once you only have to wait a couple of days for the next tournament so you have another chance of earning that award thingy.

what dums sed tbh plus i was neva gud at 1's still arent rlly but impruvd cos i always did 1v1 rums

37 Re: 1v1 Tournament #3 Today at 20:49

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum