Haxball Galaxy
Welcome to Haxball Galaxy, a successful UK-based 3v3 HaxBall league. Sign up and play!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whos the league founder?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-14, 10:26

Hardly causing any trouble, but I'll leave Smile

View user profile

27 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-14, 10:44

Hit him go on

28 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-14, 11:02

ITS ALL ABOUT GALAXY BRAP BRAP

GALAXY4LIFE I LOVE YOU LADS!

View user profile

29 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-14, 11:08

>putting song in a position of power

pfff

30 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-14, 11:18

ily2 paddy

31 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-14, 12:38

opc

Administrator
Starting arguments like a boss Cool

View user profile

32 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-14, 19:33

☆AM-99☆7™

Administrator & Eagles United Captain
Administrator & Eagles United Captain
and you went to america Mad

<18:17:05> "AM-99": bare dumb
<18:17:05> "Gazza": bare dumb
A* CHEM

Eagles United
Goals 17
Assist 13
Cleans Sheets 2
View user profile

33 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-15, 01:21

Still no #Justice4Barri

My rein of terror will be sweet and fanciful.

#JUSTICE4BARRY CAMPAIGN

Started: 12th March 2013

Update: 14th March 2013. CHAT MOD. IT'S WORKING BOYS.

Supporters: Jai, Lr15, arctic, Somalian, Somalian 2, DEVINURDOG
View user profile

34 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-20, 10:24

FireFlight

Administrator
Administrator
Lol what's this about Barry? This is worse than a game of Chinese whispers.

Here's the story . . .
I joined 920 near the start of my haxball career and asked for admin rights because I knew I could improve the site, mainly because the other admins were young and easily swayed/manipulated and so the league didn't have any strong sense of organisation or authority; but I wasn't given admin rights because M4A1 kept telling AM I just wanted to ruin the site etc.

I can't remember if it was a haxball room or not but it was either me or Sam or Somalian 2 who suggested making a new league forum -- We'd been active on the 920 forum and had a lot of complaints/ideas about the site that we had no power to implement.

I specifically remember asking AM to create the website because I'd never created a forum before, but I wanted to help run the site and establish a system myself. As to 'who is the "creator"' . . . that would be AM99 since he created the forumotion template and has ownership rights.

Once the site was established, AM gave admin rights to Somalian, Sam and myself.

I would say that, even though I didn't "create" the website, I am one of the "creators" since I wrote 90% of all of the threads in season one, created the forum hierarchy and personal ranks, and tried to build an image of professionalism in the forum. I emailed Basro with a decent piece of writing and got him to add Galaxy to the haxball community page.

I was there at the start pretty much all the time (I had no current obligations then), and as far as I know Barry had nothing to do with the creation of the site (l0l). In fact, Barry joined in the waves of FMers who came over largely to troll [I'm not saying that all of the FM players who came to this forum wanted to troll, that was certainly not the case as many were kind and helpful, like Ghost and Corn. I can understand why people wanted to troll since there were so many new forums going up at the time, heck I trolled a few myself later on e.g. bubblehax] and was actually a hindrance and major cause of stress for me at the start. Many people were highly doubtful, rude and downright mean when the site was in its infancy. I'd say Barry qualifies, at least partially, in that category. [Sorry Barry] But Barry did apologise later is a benefit to the community now.

Opc had his differences with me, and the other admins/galaxy, but he came to want to help in the end maybe halfway through season one by turning the criticism constructive and helping with things such as the league table integration and "clickable" team logos etc.

Sam was a great help in backing me up with decisions since, as you probably are aware, he can have quite a . . . strong disposition. He also made some of the threads.

AM99 was, surprisingly for his age, quite good with technical bits and bobs and is and was always enthusiastic and helpful. He did indeed also give the website its name.

Somalian 2 didn't really do much, which is why he lost his admin rights, but he definitely helped kickstart the idea of a new forum.

So there you have it: it was AM99, Sam and myself, with some somalian spice tossed in.

I have been busy with other things since season one so I have only been able to play/admin intermittently but it looks like new admins have been found to help and a decent measure of respect has to be given to mlfaijati who seems to be handling most of the administration now.

Last edited by FireFlight on 2013-03-20, 11:11; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

35 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-20, 11:06

#NoJustice4Barry

"5/5, truly delivers" - Haxball Magazine
View user profile

36 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-20, 11:23

opc

Administrator
I've never had any problems with anyone tbh FF, I just used to be a twat. Well, more of a twat than I am now bounce

View user profile

37 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-21, 03:03

mlfaijati

Administrator & The Defenders
Administrator & The Defenders
FireFlight wrote:
I have been busy with other things since season one so I have only been able to play/admin intermittently but it looks like new admins have been found to help and a decent measure of respect has to be given to mlfaijati who seems to be handling most of the administration now.

lol cya renbe

Record:

Haxball Revolution:
Played: 71 | Conceded: 42 | Clean Sheets: 41 | Assists: 12 | Goals: 3
Won: 41 | Drawn: 25 | Lost: 5
(there was 1 match where i was lagging badly so i'm not counting it in my stats)
(also this is only league games coz >cup)

The Defenders
Played: 12 | Conceded: 18 | Clean Sheets: 3 | Assists: 3 | Goals: 1
Won: 3 | Drawn: 4 | Lost: 5

One Game Wonders:
Eagles United: Lost 1-0 vs FAT
TeamSwift Drew 1-1 vs GH
TeamSwift Lost 4-2 vs EU
View user profile

38 Re: Whos the league founder? on 2013-03-21, 21:39

Yes, how could I forget Fireflight was the person doing everything as well as Samuel ... but he was a cunt about it ^^.

Am99 was the true founder, but Fireflight was the guy doing all the behind the scenes work.

I quit cos I couldn't be asked, and somalian 2 well.. he was too stupid to help with the creation of the site but he deserves credit for being here since the start and always supporting the league after all he did have his input in creating the league as well.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum