Haxball Galaxy
Welcome to Haxball Galaxy, a successful UK-based 3v3 HaxBall league. Sign up and play!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Waivers Order and Explanation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Waivers Order and Explanation on 2013-11-08, 06:04

Rénbeaudach

Administrator & The Defenders Captain
Administrator & The Defenders Captain
For the first time this season a new free agency system is to be implemented. In order to follow the ethos of the draft and keep all teams on relatively equal footing in their ability to sign players from the free agency, there will be a procedure known as 'waivers' in place.

Starting with the reverse of the original draft order, teams will be placed in an order of priority on preference to sign players from the free agency. If more than one team makes a request to sign a player, then the team in the highest position in the waiver order will make the signing.
However every time a team signs a player from the FA, they are placed to the back of the order; theoretically if multiple desirable players join the free agency over the course of the season every team will have their chance at signing one.

As soon as any team makes a signing thread for a player in the free agency, teams will have 24 hours from the time the thread was posted in order to try and trump their rival's waiver priority. Only teams higher in the waiver order will be able to 'hijack' any signing thread, and only the team completing the signing will be considered to have used their waivers spot.
Teams in first position in the waiver order will be able to make signigns from the free agency immediately.

The free agency will open as usual after the 4th matchday.

Current Order

1. HaxPower
2. Night Eyes
3. The Defenders
4. Eagles United
5. All Inclusive
6. Fatality
7. Olympikarlos
8. Perfection A
9. Team Swift
10. Gash Hounds

Edit 1: mlf 15/11/13 16:57 - TD
Edit 2: mlf 17/11/13 13:11 - NS
Edit 3: gred 17/11/13 20:16 - PA
Edit 4: mlf 23/11/13 11:35 - GH
Edit 5: mlf 25/11/13 18:44 - NS
Edit 6: mlf 25/11/13 18:45 - GT
Edit 7: mlf 29/11/13 16:05 - TD
Edit 8: mlf 01/12/13 17:45 - OVR
Edit 9: mlf 01/12/13 17:46 - OVR
Edit 10: mlf 04/12/13 15:58 - PA
Edit 11: mlf 16/12/13 17:11 - GT
Edit 12: mlf 16/12/13 17:12 - NS
Edit 13: mlf 16/12/13 17:13 - NS
Edit 14: mlf 18/12/13 19:05 - TS
Edit 15: mlf 18/12/13 19:06 - NS
Edit 16: mlf 24/12/13 11:25 - EU
Edit 17: arc 18/03/14 14:12 - GH
Edit 18: arc 18/03/14 14:15 - HP
Edit 19: arc 18/03/14 14:15 - (TD traded their waiver spot to GH)
Edit 20: arc 19/03/14 14:15 - GH
Edit 21: arc 19/03/14 14:15 - EU
Edit 22: arc 21/03/14 17:05 - PA
Edit 23: ren 27/03/14 17:01 - (GH traded their waiver spot to NE)
Edit 24: mlf 31/03/14 18:15 - GH
Edit 25: mlf 31/03/14 18:16  - EU
Edit 26: mlf 12/04/14 18:02  - NS
Edit 27: mlf 12/04/14 18:03  - TD
Edit 28: mlf 12/04/14 18:04  - TS
Edit 29: mlf 12/04/14 18:05  - TS
Edit 30: mlf 12/04/14 18:06  - TS
Edit 31: mlf 17/04/14 12:16  - NS
Edit 32: gred 24/04/14 20:02  - NE
Edit 33: gred 24/04/14 20:02  - TS
Edit 34: gred 24/04/14 20:02  - NE
Edit 35: gred 24/04/14 20:02  - OVR
Edit 36: gred 24/04/14 20:02  - TD
Edit 37: Koke 03/05/14 20:02  - TS-EU-PA
Edit 38: Koke 04/05/14 20:02  - TS
Edit 39: Koke 30/07/14 19:45  - FA
Edit 40: Koke 10/08/14 19:45  - OL
Edit 41: Koke 13/08/14 19:45  - PA-TS-GH

Last edited by Rénbeaudach on 2014-03-28, 04:02; edited 1 time in total

- Captain of THE DEFENDERS -

- Season 3 : Finished 7th in Division One -
- Season 4 : Finished 3rd in Division One -
- Season 5 : Finished 7th in Division One - Cup Champions -
- Season 6 : Finished 6th in Division One -
- Season 7 : Finished 7th in Division One -

View user profile

2 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2013-11-18, 20:54

In the end no one will sign the best player.

View user profile

3 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-02-26, 05:44

mlfaijati

Administrator & The Defenders
Bump, this is Waivers order for Season 8.

Record:

Haxball Revolution:
Played: 71 | Conceded: 42 | Clean Sheets: 41 | Assists: 12 | Goals: 3
Won: 41 | Drawn: 25 | Lost: 5
(there was 1 match where i was lagging badly so i'm not counting it in my stats)
(also this is only league games coz >cup)

The Defenders
Played: 12 | Conceded: 18 | Clean Sheets: 3 | Assists: 3 | Goals: 1
Won: 3 | Drawn: 4 | Lost: 5

One Game Wonders:
Eagles United: Lost 1-0 vs FAT
TeamSwift Drew 1-1 vs GH
TeamSwift Lost 4-2 vs EU
View user profile

4 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-03, 19:32

Te][o

Eagles United
Eagles United
Lol. How are we 5th when we had the pick before last in every single round?

I'm sure there's an explanation but I hope it's not "they carry on from previous seasons" because well..................................... let's not get into a whole new level of philosophical on how this is morally outrageous

View user profile

5 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-03, 20:00

jai!

All Inclusive
it is carried from last season

why is that so bad 

i agree with you i just want to know someone else's view point  alien

<22:02:26> "Witsel1": guys a cunt and aint even that good simple as that
<22:01:05> "Witsel1": all ur fault
<22:01:06> "Witsel1": tbf
<22:01:09> "Witsel1": welsh cunt
<22:01:12> "Witsel1": hate him so much
View user profile

6 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 03:56

Te][o

Eagles United
Eagles United
Let's use Perfection A as an example, they (you) can (should) camp their waivers, system allows them to keep their core and makes the draft irrelevant. By camping their waivers they can basically build an all star team at any given time if they so please in the upcoming seasons when one of the three stooges decides it's time to hang boots.

I could of easily been on the same boat I would of still see it as unfair to the teams that are actually trying to build up a competitive team by being faithful to the nature of this new system.

it's as if the system itself allows a team to make the whole system irrelevant.

plus, they should only carry on when a team keeps a player that was waived, that would make sense, but I don't think it's the case in any teams.

If waivers helped me get a player and thus helped me gain a better position my low pick in the fixed round draft is already compensating for that.

in essence, waivers are to compensate for the draft order, but by making it carry through seasons it does more than that

TL;DR it's contradicting to have a fixed draft round punishing you for doing good and then waivers that also punish you for doing good

edit: it's as if I skip my last draft pick and thus start first the next season by rule of thumb, silly innit

View user profile

7 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 04:11

fap

The Defenders
The Defenders
\"Te wrote:[o"]Let's use Perfection A as an example, they (you) can (should) camp their waivers, system allows them to keep their core and makes the draft irrelevant. By camping their waivers they can basically build an all star team at any given time if they so please in the upcoming seasons when one of the three stooges decides it's time to hang boots.

I could of easily been on the same boat I would of still see it as unfair to the teams that are actually trying to build up a competitive team by being faithful to the nature of this new system.

plus, they should only carry on when a team keeps a player that was waived, that would make sense, but I don't think it's the case in any teams.

If waivers helped me get a player and thus helped me gain a better position my low pick in the fixed round draft is already compensating for that.

in essence, waivers are to compensate for the draft order, but by making it carry through seasons it does more than that

TL;DR it's contradicting to have a fixed draft round punishing you for doing good and then waivers that also punish you for doing good

edit: it's as if I skip my last draft pick and thus start first the next season by rule of thumb, silly innit

wat....how can PA stack when they are like 7th down the waivers or whatever it is...if teams dont block them then its their fault..

say if you use up your first waivers spot at end of last season so you're at the bottom, why should you get a chance to go higher for the next season when you've just used your spot in waivers over someone who maybe saving their waivers spot for when they need it?

waivers spots should defo stay the same from the end of 1 season to the start of another....its rosters that should either be reset or only 1 person kept.

View user profile

8 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 04:52

fap wrote:
\"Te wrote:[o"]Let's use Perfection A as an example, they (you) can (should) camp their waivers, system allows them to keep their core and makes the draft irrelevant. By camping their waivers they can basically build an all star team at any given time if they so please in the upcoming seasons when one of the three stooges decides it's time to hang boots.

wat....how can PA stack when they are like 7th down the waivers or whatever it is...if teams dont block them then its their fault..

say if you use up your first waivers spot at end of last season so you're at the bottom, why should you get a chance to go higher for the next season when you've just used your spot in waivers over someone who maybe saving their waivers spot for when they need it?

waivers spots should defo stay the same from the end of 1 season to the start of another....its rosters that should either be reset or only 1 person kept.

lol no admin even thought about it like that but that's some sick logic. sum admin was like lets keep it the same cuz PA have undoubtedly the best starting 3 in the league and if they were first in the waivers they could sign pretty much anyone they want which mans they 100% won the league.

9 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 05:04

jai!

All Inclusive
draft and waivers stop stacking kids

<22:02:26> "Witsel1": guys a cunt and aint even that good simple as that
<22:01:05> "Witsel1": all ur fault
<22:01:06> "Witsel1": tbf
<22:01:09> "Witsel1": welsh cunt
<22:01:12> "Witsel1": hate him so much
View user profile

10 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 05:06

mlfaijati

What fap said.

The main reason for this decision also is because Ren and arctic were adamant they didn't want a snake draft, so we couldn't have Waivers with the team that got first draft pick first, or have it as to were the team that won the title gets first Waivers spot (lolwut). If you can think of a fairer way please share.

Record:

Haxball Revolution:
(there was 1 match where i was lagging badly so i'm not counting it in my stats)

The Defenders

One Game Wonders:
TeamSwift Drew 1-1 vs GH
TeamSwift Lost 4-2 vs EU
View user profile

11 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 07:31

Te][o

Eagles United
Eagles United
yeah but we're kind of forgetting what waivers exist for.

I don't want to repeat myself to much but waivers, in any draft system, exist to compensate those who picked lower, it even makes more sense to have them in a fixed draft like we just had.

now draft order is made to compensate for league position, that needs no explanation and that's the reason why draft carries from season to season, because it uses season data to function.

waivers don't use season data, their only reason to exist is to compensate another system: the draft.

by making waivers carry on from season you change their meaning completely and they stop being what they're meant to by system

you also give incentives people for not using them (if they reset each season, there would be more reason to use them) which is ultimately bad for the league because waivers being used means more members having a shot at playing / being part of the community.

View user profile

12 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 07:41

mlfaijati

I disagree with your last point, I think that if a team doesn't use a Waivers spot then they are entitled to use it in a future Season. People have enough chances to play the draft imo so I don't think that having the Waivers in such a manner would pacify new players coming in or anything. I think it just gives the Waivers spots more meaning, resulting in teams thinking more about what they use their picks for and indeed what players they sign.

You do make valid points though, but I think that this system holds its own. In SPHB they have the draft order exactly the same as the Waivers order, and considering that's the biggest draft using haxball league we maybe should look to that as an idea, but to say that Waivers is only ever inverse of the draft would be wrong imo.

Record:

Haxball Revolution:

The Defenders

One Game Wonders:
TeamSwift Drew 1-1 vs GH
TeamSwift Lost 4-2 vs EU
View user profile

13 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 07:54

fap

The Defenders
The Defenders
complete reset every season then

+ rep to agree
+ rep to disagree

lets see what da ppl want

View user profile

14 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 23:12

Te][o

Eagles United
Eagles United
mlfaijati wrote:

You do make valid points though, but I think that this system holds its own. In SPHB they have the draft order exactly the same as the Waivers order, and considering that's the biggest draft using haxball league we maybe should look to that as an idea, but to say that Waivers is only ever inverse of the draft would be wrong imo.

Yeah but are SPHB popular because they are or because they have the fairest system possible? If the spanish league decided it's draft next season it would be the most popular 3v3 draft league and their system could still be flawed or have room for improvement.

In case my point wasn't clear to anyone, what I mean is that if your team in season 1 uses a waiver to get a good player and then said player helps them reach a good position in the league the team will get "compensated" by having a low draft pick the season after, if the waiver player isn't part of the team the season after team BREAKS EVEN.

it makes no sense that afer breaking even the waiver pick carries on to next season hindering those who do not keep a main 3 season after season.

because at the end of the day you are favoring people who camp a 3-core and camp waivers and punishing those who start fresh each season, make full use of the draft and reach a good position in the league (isn't this the ultimate goal of the system change)

for the record, I know these posts are long and stuff, but it's not that big of a deal at all, I mean, either way it goes I'm sure it won't have a definite impact on the outcome of the league. Hope you're not reading this as if I find it intolerable or something  What a Face 

View user profile

15 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-04, 23:44

Perkinss

Starlights Captain
fap was on drugs ignore him

View user profile

16 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-05, 03:42

fap

The Defenders
The Defenders
5 votes, the people have spoken, roster reset

View user profile

17 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-18, 16:30

Witsel

Perfection A Captain
Perfection A Captain
update this please bobs

- Captain of Perfection A -

- Season 5 : Finished 3rd in Division two -
- Season 6 : Finished 4th in Division one -
- Season 7 : Finished 1st in Division one -
- Season 8 : Finished 1st in Division one -

View user profile

18 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-18, 17:20

Maverick

Gash Hounds Captain
Current Order
1. Fatality
2. Gash Hounds
3. Overdose
4. Perfection A
5. Night Eyes
6. TeamSwift
7. Noodle Squad
8. Eagles United
9. The Defenders
10. Haxpower

View user profile

19 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-19, 01:09

:mb:

20 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-03-27, 09:01

Maverick

Gash Hounds Captain
lol update this

View user profile

21 Re: Waivers Order and Explanation on 2014-07-06, 02:59

mlfaijati

Bump, this is Waivers order for Season 9.

Record:

Haxball Revolution:

The Defenders

One Game Wonders:
TeamSwift Drew 1-1 vs GH
TeamSwift Lost 4-2 vs EU
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum